Our 2-Minute Answer to “What is a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt?”
If you’re curious about or new to the subjects of lean six sigma and process improvement, you may be considering becoming a lean six sigma yellow belt.
As it is one of the better-known roles in this field, the question “what is a lean six sigma yellow belt?” is commonly asked on Google by those who are interested in getting into the area of continuous improvement.
We have created this article to answer the question by way of a quick introduction to the role, its benefits, and tips on how you can get started.
Get our Yellow Belt Brochure
You can find more details on this role and how you can train and get certified in our PDF course brochure.
This brochure also includes helpful information, such as: training objectives and our approach to yellow belt course delivery, ideal participants, and delivery style.Get a Brochure
Jump to Any Section:
- What does a yellow belt do?
- Is lean six sigma yellow belt worth it?
- Who attends yellow belt training?
- How can you become yellow belt certified?
- Advice and resources
What does a yellow belt do?
Within the lean six sigma hierarchy, yellow belts are contributing members to larger projects.
They have a good, foundational knowledge in lean and six sigma and can support both green and black belt practitioners in larger, more complex projects.
Within their own role and sphere of influence, yellow belts can run smaller process improvement initiatives.
Get More Detail: Lean Six Sigma Belts and Roles
If you are new to lean six sigma, all of this talk of belts and hierarchy may seem a little confusing.
Here are two resources for filling in the knowledge gaps:
Read our article, “What are Lean Six Sigma Belts?”
This is a 3-minute introduction to the system of “belts” within lean six sigma.
You will learn more about the yellow belt role, where it fits in with white, green, and black belts, and get tips on where to begin.
Download our complete guide to lean six sigma
Our 16-page PDF guide to lean six sigma is a great way to become more familiar with how lean six sigma works.
Who attends yellow belt training?
Yellow belt is a great choice for the following candidates:
- Someone who is new to lean six sigma and would like to gain an introductory knowledge.
- Those who are interested in using process improvement as part of their role.
- Anyone who wants a lean six sigma taster, but would also like to take away skills they can begin using immediately.
- Business owners or executives who may not work on process improvement projects within an organisation, but would like to have a working understanding of how those projects run.
- Project managers who would like to introduce process improvement in their approach to projects.
- Anyone who wants to expand their CV and career opportunities with a valuable skill-set.
If you’re not sure whether lean six sigma yellow belt is the right fit for you, we can help. Get in touch with us to discuss your best options for lean six sigma training.
You can reach us by phone (Freephone 1800 910 810) or by using the ask a question button below.Ask a Question
Is lean six sigma yellow belt worth it?
Yes, it is certainly worth achieving a lean six sigma yellow belt.
If you identified with any of the potential yellow belt candidates we mentioned above, you will gain great value from yellow belt training.
Understanding lean six sigma is a valuable asset in today’s efficiency-conscious business world.
Lean six sigma yellow belt can introduce you to the concepts of evaluating and improving processes within a work environment.
How can you become yellow belt certified?
There are a number of different yellow belt training courses available in both self-led (e-learning) and trainer-led (live online classroom) formats.
Each will have a different approach to learning and certification. We have used our Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course as an example here.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course – 2 Days – Live Online Training
- This course is suitable for participants from all backgrounds. There are no pre-requisites and the skills you learn can be applied in any industry.
- Our course is very practical in style. It is designed to give you an understanding of lean and some elements of six sigma, so that you can begin using them in your day to day work.
- There is an open-book exam on day 2 of training. This exam is designed to assess whether you have understood the concepts and techniques covered during training.
- You will achieve a Professional Development Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate.
- We also offer the option to progress to green belt and black belt certification as your process improvement career unfolds.
Advice and resources
Ask Us Anything
Hopefully, this short article has given you a good answer for the question “what is a lean six sigma yellow belt?”. We are here for any questions you have on the role or about training and certification.
Get a Guide or Brochure
It’s often beneficial to have some reading material for reference as you make your decision. Downloading our course brochure in PDF format equips you with two reading companions.Get a Brochure
Here are some other quick articles you might like to include in your research: